Anyways, I decided to add some piping to the top edge of a few of the pockets. I'm using these tutorials, from Noodlehead and Make It & Love It, but it's still harder than I expected. There's definitely a bit of a learning curve involved.
Here's the outside of the pocket, the bit of fabric at the top of the picture will be the interior of the bag & part of the exterior.
Here's the interior side of the pocket. Obviously my stitching can use some work, but thankfully this won't be visible since it's inside the pocket.
The basic bag pattern is the 241 Tote from Noodlehead, but I've made some changes & am adding a ton of pockets. I'm excited to see how it all comes together. I was trying to get it finished up before we went out of town for my sister-in-law's wedding last weekend, but that didn't happen, so I'm just taking my time on it now.
More than anything else, it's just nice to have something to work on again.
Until next time...