Monday, April 12, 2010

Welcome!

Edit (06/07/10): This is the original welcome message when I first started the blog & things have gone a bit of a different direction now, so as of June 2, this will just be the home of my “crafty crap.” I am going to continue the TWT stuff too though, because photography is a craft too, right? And it’s just not something I want to stop sharing. :)

******************************************************************************

I'm not yet sure exactly where this is going, or what it will be. It'll probably be a random mix of just about everything, which is fitting, since my life is the same way.

Recently in our life:
-We're working on remodeling the kitchen/dining room. The project started easliy enough; we were just going to pull up the carpet in the dining room & linoleum in the kitchen & put down wood laminate flooring. I think it was Nick's last night-shift week, back in December, that he first pulled up the flooring. We're not in the beginning of April, and still don't have floor down, have new cabinets & counter tops installed, and now (after this past weekend) have plywood & a sheet of plastic instead of a patio door. I think this all deserves its very own post, so I'll get back to that.
-Our first anniversary is coming up! It's so hard to believe it's already/only been a year since we got married. Depending on the day, sometimes it feels like it was just yesterday or decades ago. I mean that in the best possible way. This year has been much of the same, and yet so different from our previous five. I like to think we are happier than ever, and still in our "honeymoon" stage. Here's hoping that it never ends.
-Our baby, Raven, is as sweet, rotten, and spoiled as ever. We took her to the lake for the first time this year yesterday and of course she loved it! I still remember the first time we were out there, threw a stick, and instinct took over. She jumped into the water before she realized what she was doing, then panicked, swam back to us, and wouldn't have anything to do with the water again. Now she doesn't want to leave the water, and loves to swim out to fetch sticks we've thrown for her. She will even jump off the dock into the water, although it's not her favorite way to go in. This morning I am home with her because she got a deer tick & we weren't able to get the whole thing out. I'll call the vet shortly to see if she needs to go in right away to get it removed. My guess is yes.
-I have been doing a lot of crochet this winter, trying out new blanket patterns and having a good time with it. I do have a couple more I need to get finished up before June, then I'll probably take my usual break for the summer. I'd like to continue, but I just have less time in the summer, and it's too hot to sit with a blanket on my lap! Making smaller pieces to sew together later could be a good compromise. I'd also like to learn to make hats, which would be a good summer project. Pictures to come of some of my recent projects.

Well, I suppose this is a good place to stop for now. Gotta call the vet to find out about my baby!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)