Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Crochet Cupcake Pincushion

I haven't sewn much lately (as quickly became apparent the other day), since my sewing machine has been buried behind a mountain of stuff in the living. So between that little barrier (okay, pretty big barrier, it's not like I could even climb over it or anything) and the fact that I had a few requests for some crochet stuff, I've been back to the hook for a week or so.

I'm still sorting out the hair clips that were requested (sorry, Bree!), but when I had a request on the Facebook page (which, by the way, is still two "likers" short of having a give-away! But don't get me started on that...) for a crochet cupcake pincushion, I decided it was definitely a project I could tackle right now.

I'm not including the pattern because I found about a gazillion (really, that's a real number. Only slightly more than a bazillion) patterns, all with only very, very slight variations if there were any at all. So I'll leave that little bit of hard work to you, because if you're like me, you'll also find lots of other fun stuff you'll want to make, and I wouldn't want to deprive you of that. :) But, if I were you, I'd start here. Or here. I'm just sayin.

(Please excuse the really, terrible, horrible photo. It's 11:00 here & I just finished this up a half hour ago. Natural light is hard to come by this time of day. Again, just sayin'. Don't be a hater.)

I'm pretty darn happy with how this turned out. It's stuffed with poly fill, but I put it in (BRAND new & clean, I promise, so please don't freak out) pieces of nylon knee-highs so the filling wouldn't peek or eventually make its way out from between the stitches since it's meant to be poked & prodded. Again, I promise you I used brand-spankin' new nylons, straight from the box. Not my stinky old used ones. I promise. That's gross. :)


Those "sprinkles" are the pins!

It's pretty much "real" sized, about 3 inches tall & 3 inches at the widest point.

Until next time...

Sharing this week over at:

8 comments:

  1. That turned out really cute. This has been on my to do list for months now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I've been crocheting a lot lately too. I'll probably get around to posting some of it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kristy! I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, wish I'd had enough brown to do a "chocolate" cake but I think this one turned out okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Found your thru Ramblings and Photos and I'm so glad I did! I love your pictures! They're gorgeous! :)

    I'm having a photo contest over @ my blog right now, so you should stop by and take a look! Hopefully you can enter!

    http://thepunkrockmom.blogspot.com/2010/09/new-photo-challenge.html

    <3MaryAnne

    Ps- I love this craft! So flipping cute! I love your Etsy store too! :D I have one as well- check it out sometime if you want! :D
    maryanneolson.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is super cute Bree!! I'll bet your Nana would love one for Christmas. Just sayin' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bree,
    The cupcake pincushion that you made is so pretty
    I wish I had more patient on crochet, just like you :)
    Good job and keep posting your great projects

    Citra @ innocentia
    http://childhood-obsessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's pretty crafty - very cute idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)