Oy...I've been meaning to do this for a while now, so Jill, please don't think I've forgotten about your generosity! But after a second award from Saurkraut, I just don't feel like I can put this off any longer. I'm so appreciative to you both that you chose little ol' me from all the much cooler blogs out there! :)
I'll tell you right now, I'm going to cheat a tiny bit & combine a few of the "requirements." :)
First of all, Jill from Envirocraftiness awarded me with the Versatile Blogger Award, so we might as well start there.
The conditions of this award are:
1) Thank the person
2) Share 7 things about yourself
3) Nominate 15 newly discovered blogs
4) Let the award winners know
Secondly, Sourkraut from Langes Fädchen, Faules Mädchen awarded me with the One Lovely Blog award.
The conditions of this award are:
1. Accept the award. Post it on your blog with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link
2. Pay it forward to 15 other bloggers that you have newly discovered.
3. Contact those blog owners and let them know they've been chosen.
I know I've already thanked both of these wonderful ladies, but I want to put it out there again. I really do appreciate you, and all those who read what I've got to say. What started out as my own personal space to keep track of what I'm doing has turned into something just a little bit more, and often times it's all of you who motivate me more than I do myself.
Let's see, now for seven things about myself:
1) I have a birthday coming up, next week to be honest. I used to make kind of a big deal about my birthday, but it's not such a big deal anymore. The main things I really want are not to have to cook or do dishes. This year has been especially odd. I'll be turning 28, and for whatever reason, I am having a real issue with it. I had a bigger issue with turning 23 (weird birthday freak-outs, I know), but this one is similar. Maybe it's because I've been making comments about hubby being 30 for the past couple months, and it's sinking in that we're getting old(er). Ugh. Whatever.
2) I'm a procrastinator & work best with a looming deadline. Seriously, I can know I have a project that needs to be done in a week & I'll leave it until two days before it needs to be finished. It only leads to late nights & much cursing, but no matter my best intentions to do otherwise, I can't change.
3) One of my dream jobs is to be an archeologist. I would love nothing more than to sit & dig through the dirt all day long, unearthing things have haven't been seen or touched by humans in hundreds/thousands of years.
4) Fall is my favorite time of the year, right up until it actually gets cold. I even told Nick last Sunday on a particularly chilly morning that I was ready for spring. I hate, hate, hate cold weather. I'm also not a big fan of super hot summer days either. Days when it's just a smidge chilly in the shade & not too warm in the sun are perfect. I love when it's just chilly enough that it feels perfect to get into a hot car that's been sitting in the sun - not a bit boiling or stuffy, just feeling like I'm wrapped in sunshine & warmth. I think a big part of what I love about fall are the colors - browns, oranges, muted reds. Yum. And spicy smells. Double-yum.
5) I'm a rambler. As I've mentioned before, if this is something new to you, then you're new to the blog. :) If this is something that bothers you, you might as well leave now. But please don't. I do my best to be less wordy & include pictures & other fun stuff to break up the words but...well...here I go again.
6) I love post-it notes & lists. At any given time I typically have at least one on my phone.
7) I love getting comments & always try my best to respond to them. I know I don't always get to every single one, but I do try. I especially like the conversations & e-mail chains that result from some of these comments.
Now for my nominations. Again, I'm going to cheat and award both awards to each of these blogs. To Jill & Sourkraut, I award each of you withthe one you didn't give me. :) Oh, and these aren't necessarily newly discovered to me, but they may be to some of you. Although, I hang out in a lot of the same circles as you all, and I'm usually pretty behind the times, so they may not be new to you at all. Either way, check them out!
B Sew Crafty (even though she's on a bit of a hiatus)
Okay, so I know they each ask for 15, but I'm going to go ahead & stop there. Most of the rest I read are the big-wigs I know you all know. These are my favorites (in no particular order) and the ones I always head for first when I check into my Google Reader. It's a really good day when each one has something new to share.
Well, there you have it. I think I've fulfilled my obligations (did I mention I've been kind of stewing & feeling guilty over this since Jill awarded me with the first back in July? So trust me, it's not at all like I forgot!), and hopefully I didn't bore you too much.
Until next time...