Wednesday, March 23, 2011

WIP Wednesday #6

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Another weekly link up over at Freshly Pieced, go check out what everybody else got done this week!

Started: Nothing new, that I can think of. For some reason it almost seems like there was something over the weekend, but my brain is pretty much mush lately. I'll go with nothing. :)

In progress: Minor progress on one of the three Origami Bags. At this point I think I'll be happy to get one done by the end of the month, but hopefully after completing the first one the rest will be smooth sailing. I've run into a bit of a snag (silly me & skimming instructions instead of just reading...), but hopefully I won't make the same mistake twice.

Nothing new on the Postage Stamp quilt, other than trying my best not to knock all my pieces off my cutting mat. So far I've only knocked one row off, but I'm surprised I haven't tripped over it & sent them all flying. I just realized I'm going to have to get some major progress done on it, or find someplace else to put them before I'll be able to cut pieces for anything else. Well, anything else big at least, I do have another smaller mat, but I'm not a fan of it.

Postage Stamp Quilt Along

Maybe I can take a break from the Origami Bags this weekend & get a block or two sewn together.

Completed: Convinced hubby we should find out what we're having. Biggest accomplishment of the week! :) By this time next week I should know if this postage stamp quilt will be appropriate, or if I'll be making a more feminine version. I can't wait!

Until next time...

8 comments:

  1. I've made that mistake many times with skimming instructions. Always think I know what I'm doing! Yay for finding out what you are having. I'm all about planning! Very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so glad to hear you're going to find out - I can't wait!!! :) And I've definitely been in the skimming boat, that's my big downfall when it comes to patterns and why I tend to wind up making my own patterns a lot of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute quilt!
    I'm loving the Origami bags, too -- although I'm not that great at precisely following directions either!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Convincing your husband to find out the sex of your baby is a big task - but I think a smart one! Then you know what kind of clothing to buy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, that's so exciting that you'll find out! Also, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who skims instructions. I think at this stage I am actually incapable of following a pattern properly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness! After all that work I hope you don't plan to start over if its a girl... It will make a lovely pay mat for any baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see your postage stamp quilt. You can do it!!! My top is done. I just need to quilt the top...oh, and bind!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, can't wait to find out if it's a girl or boy! How fun. The postage stamp quilt looks great - if it's not for your baby, I'm sure somebody else will love it. : ) Thanks for linking up, have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)