If you're going to make this, I recommend making your exterior panel & one of the pocket lining pieces a bit longer than the 11" in the pattern, then cutting it to the correct size after adding the zipper. After putting in my zipper for the exterior pocket, the exterior piece was a bit short, so I had to add the grey to the edges since the binding wouldn't quite cover it. Unfortunately I thought it was going to be covered & didn't realize it wouldn't until after I had already added the zipper, so I ended up having to sew the grey pieces on by hand & it's not quite as nice looking as I would have liked. In the end, I like the look of it though, so it was a happy accident!
The inside has 9 credit card pockets on the left (the cards go in the pockets vertically) & three larger pockets on the right side. I didn't interface any of the interior pockets, I figured they didn't really need the added bulk, and I think the credit card slots are going to be just fine. I do kind of wish I'd added at least some light interfacing on the bigger pockets since they aren't tacked down, but I think they'll be alright. A heavier-weight fabric would have worked well too (I just used quilting cotton - some of my DS Quilts).
A couple of these prints (the dots & plaid) are ones I've been holding on to since last summer, just waiting for a good project for them. I had originally planned on using them for a Mabel Messenger, and may still make one of those too.
This was my first time binding anything, and suddenly I am not looking forward to binding Coop's quilt! It's took me two hours last night (well...half last night & half this morning, since I did it from 11 pm to 1 am when I couldn't sleep!), and it's so small compared to a whole quilt!
Overall, I'm really happy with how this turned out, and will definitely be making more. I think they'll make great gifts for Christmas this year!
Until next time...