Thursday, September 6, 2012

September: Miss Maven Ruffled Handbag

I can hardly believe we only have two bags left in the entire book!  I am so impressed by all of you who are still hanging in there & especially those of you who have made all the bags so far!

This month's bag is the Miss Maven Ruffled Handbag.

IMGP0123

I have to admit, not being a super girly-girl, I'm not crazy about the ruffles.  Please tell me I'm not the only one!  I'm not saying I don't like the bag with the ruffles, but the ruffles just aren't for me.  Much like the Fringed Hobo, there's a ton of room for customization with this bag!  If you love the ruffles, go crazy!  But if they're not your thing, just leave them off.  Either way, I think it will look fantastic.

IMGP0124

Unfortunately I won't have time again this month to make this bag (sooo much going on!), but I'm thinking it's one I need to come back to when I have the time.  It's kind of funny, really, since last September was my favorite bag from the entire book (the Blossom Handbag - which I still haven't had a chance to make), and I really like this bag a lot as well.  Well, without the ruffles.  ;)

Just as a heads up - we'll be taking a break from the sew along again next month (I know, I know, we just got started again!), and will pick up again in November.  I promise you though, it's going to be worth the wait!  I'll share more about the huge event that's taking up October (other than my -ahem- big birthday...gah...let's not talk about that!) in the next couple weeks.  I promise it's worth the wait!

Do you have your fabrics picked out for your Miss Maven Ruffled Handbag?  Share them in the Flickr group, and don't forget you can still link up your Everything Wristlet.  I'd love to see yours!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)