Wednesday, April 20, 2011

WIP Wednesday #10

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Is it cheating if I tell you to go look at last week's post & pretend I wrote it this week? :) I really feel like April is totally & completely getting away from me. How in the world is it already April 20 already? How?! Ugh...so much to still get done (started!) this month, and unfortunately I know every month from here on out is only going to be more of the same.

Let's start where I ended last week, since it makes more sense to put that stuff up here at the top.

Need to start: Two Keyka Lou basic wallets, a Christmas present (from last year, ugh), the Beautiful Balance Checkbook Cover, April's String Me Along bee block. Sadly, none of this has changed from last week. I especially feel like a slacker for not even having started the project for my own sew along. Sorry all! I know I need to do the inspiration post too. Do you know how hard it is to do that when I'm not very inspired this month? I'll save that discussion for another time.

Started: Thankfully, nothing new. I don't think. It's getting really hard to keep track of things these days. I feel soooo scatterbrained lately (more than normal!) and it's really starting to get to me.

In progress: Currently, I feel like the last two Origami Bags are never going to leave this list. I need some major sit-down time to work on stuff without any distractions so I get get some stuff crossed off the list!

The postage stamp pieces are still in a giant pile on my sewing desk. I did have to pick up the strips I have yet to sew because I needed my cutting mat, but unfortunately that's the only movement on this project. I think it's the one I'm the most excited to work on, but am working on the least lately. Go figure.

IMGP0072

My Sis Boom Jamie Dress. Well, technically the muslin, but it's nice enough fabric that I'll wear it when it's done (and it'll be the only one done in time for Easter, sadly), so I'm counting it as a full project. I am excited about it, but had some frustrating issues with it this weekend. More on that when I actually get it finished, which had better be soon since the linky party is tomorrow. I did get quite a bit done on it last night, so now all I have left to do is hem it. Can anybody guess what I'll be working on tonight? :)

Completed: Not a darn thing. Boo. :(

In other news - I'm in a rut, craft-wise, and working hard to dig out of it. Please bear with me. :)

Head over to Freshly Pieced to see what everybody else has been up to.

Until next time...

6 comments:

  1. I got myself into a rut a few months back. It started with a particularly difficult quilt, really made me lose my sew-jo. I made up my mind to sit down one night and power through and it really helped. I hope you can find yours soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've found that when I'm feeling this way, I need to take a break. Even if I can only squeeze out an afternoon. I spend that time doing anything I want as long as it's not on my to do list. I might read, sit out and watch the birds, anything that helps me recharge my batteries. I hope you find the way that works best for you to get to where you'd like to be. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, don't be so hard on yourself. I seriously could hardly sew a thing during my entire pregnancy! I had no energy and was trying to do to much other stuff. So take it easy, sit back, and put your feet up! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear you're in a rut!! I agree with Lee, put your feet up and take a break. When I was pregnant, by the time I got home from work every day, I had to just zone out and chill. I did not have the brain power to do much of anything, not even read a book. Don't be so hard on yourself! Pregnancy takes a lot out of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ditto Lee and Elizabeth, being preggo is hard work. And it totally makes you scatterbrained! just remember you only have to do this because you enjoy it, not for any other reason!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are doing great, enjoy your projects, don't let them be a burden. Quilting, and any crafting, is a journey, not a race.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)