Wednesday, April 6, 2011

WIP Wednesday #8

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Well I'll be honest, today pretty much snuck up on me! I wish I could say it was because I've been working on something big or exciting, but unfortunately that's just not the case.

Started: Dana at Made shared this tutorial for a simple skirt, which went immediately onto The List. Then I decided that, like the camera strap cover, it was too simple to put off until, well, most likely never. So I went home that night, dug out some linen I bought to make some skirts last spring, and got started. Since I have everything on hand to make it, I should be able to get it finished up this weekend.

I got the pattern & my fabric for the Sis Boom Jamie Dress sew along. The houndstooth finally came yesterday, so I got it all washed, ironed, and ready to go. Hopefully I can get started cutting out the pieces this weekend as well.

Sis Boom Jamie Dress Sew Along!

I was a little curious how the colors would look together, but they are so much better in person, and I think it's going to turn out great, assuming I can figure out the best way to make it fit over/around my ever-expanding belly.

jamie dress fabric

I picked out my fabric for the April project in the Style Stitches Sew Along. Nothing fancy, but I'm making it for a friend & I know she'll love it.

Checkbook cover fabric

In progress: I still have the other two Origami Bags to make. Hopefully I can get those caught up & out of the way this month. Keeping them on this list will at the very least make me more likely not to just drop them completely.

Fabric for AB Origami Bags

I made quite a bit of progess on getting my pairs sewn together for the Postage Stamp quilt. Still only one block completed, but I think I only have about 30 pairs left to sew together, then I can start sewing those together into blocks. The pile behind my sewing machine is huge, but I have no where else to put it right now, so it was a bit in the way when I was working on the skirt earlier this week.

IMGP0049

Completed: Nothing new, which isn't anything new either.

Head over to Freshly Pieced to see all the other wonderful people who were probably much more productive than me this week. :)

Until next time...

10 comments:

  1. I love that you always have so much going on! I bet you don't, though. :) Glad you love the fabric you chose for the dress sew along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the link for that simple skirt tutorial, that is just perfect for my girls! That one's on my list too.

    And hey, you totally have an excuse for not being productive, so sit back and relax if you want! : )

    Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so much fun stuff going on here! I love the fabric for the postage stamp especially!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can not wait to see how your dress turns out! I think it will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, I love the fabrics you picked for the Sew Along dress! That's going to be so cute on you, I bet :) Besides, you are more than entitled to relax. Back when I was pregnant, I didn't have the head space to do much of anything and I was tired all the time. Here's hoping you're feeling great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay houndstooth! And thank you for the reminder to actually wash my fabrics before I begin, I probably would have forgotten then wondered why my dress shrank.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so busy!! How do you do it, I was permanently exhausted when I was pregnant! Love your dress fabric and the Origami bags fabric too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how your postage stamp is coming together. It's going to be so cute once it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yay, I'm so happy your houndstooth came! your colors are going to be awesome. Though I must say, I'm not sure you are going to get this one on preggers. The waistband is definitely on the stomach. Maybe make it for after your pregnancy?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Re: Becky's comment, I saw someone mention that maybe if the waistband were a little narrower it could fit above a pregnant belly. Maybe you should give that a try? You can always strap a basketball to your stomach and try it on to see if that'll work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)