Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I-Spy Squares

Last week I finally got around to cutting up my squares for the I-Spy Swap at Hendrixville. I'm not late yet, but feel a little behind the times. Judging from the fabrics she's gotten so far, I'm really excited to get my package back in the mail. And I'll be honest, I'm pretty excited about my own fabrics this time around too.

These little birds & flowers in the upper left are my absolute favorite in the group. I guess I still have a thing for bird fabrics!

IMGP0065

You can't tell it from the picture, but the butterflies in the upper right have a silvery outline that's much prettier in person. Another of my favorites!

IMGP0066

I actually pulled half the fabrics for these from my stash. Some of them I've had for quite a while (the green with yellow & brown birds was used for this purse) or were fabrics I just couldn't pass up at one point. I never got around to using some of them & they were perfect for this, so I decided it was time to let them go. At least I'll have my own 4" square (and the scraps!) to remember them by!

Oh, and if you're a part of the swap, I'm in group A, so if you are too, you can look forward to these!

Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. Cool! I think you had some great fabrics. I wanted to join this after you mentioned it, but I was sort of afraid because I did a swap recently and was 50% disappointed. :-( I hope you get some good stuff though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little birds in the second pic are so cute and expressive! Great job coming up with some neat fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabric choices....esp. the owls and the birds. So cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)