Friday, May 7, 2010

Hooked on Hats!

Here are hats 3 & 4. I tried to make these ones a little more “open” so they’ll be cooler for the summer babies.

The first one actually came out pretty nice considering I was just playing around & adjusting as I went. I’m pretty proud of it.


The second it a little different story. I tried to make this one completely “open” without any solid rounds. As you can see, I wasn’t able to, and the shape is kind of off. I guess it’ll just have to be for a conehead baby. ;)

I picked up a couple more skeins of baby weight yarn at Wal-Mart last night & made sure I got good patterns on each. I’m looking forward to trying out the little ruffled hat pattern that came on one of them. Hopefully I can finish up the hat I’m on & try that out next.

I was looking online for some other hat patterns & found just a ton, but it was almost so much that it was overwhelming. I need to get a few more of these simple pattern ones done & sent to Delia so I can have her tell me if I’m okay on my sizing. Then I’ll try out some different patterns. Delia posts pictures of most of the stuff she gets & mine are going to be so plain & boring compared to the others she’s getting! I’ve got to get my skill level up so I can make some more fun stuff.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)