Sunday, May 16, 2010

Size Matters.

Or something like that.


These two covers were made using the same hook. The pink one is 100% acrylic, the purple 100% cotton. I'm surprised how much of a difference it makes.

I picked up a couple more skeins of cotton at Jo-Ann when I got the buttons yesterday, and my big order of cotton should be here sometime this week. I can't wait to work with it some more, but right now I have mixed feelings about it. It's not quite as soft & cuddly as the acrylic, but it's still a nice soft feeling yarn. Definitely not scratchy like some others I've used! There are some (Titan's & Nick's blankets) that made my fingers hurt after working with it too much. I'm guessing the more I work with the cotton the more I'll like it, it'll just take some getting used to.
I like the different color border and the fun button on this one, but am not crazy about the white ruffles. I think I'll stick with keeping the ruffles the same color as the rest of the cover.


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)