Friday, May 28, 2010

I’m no slacker!


Yesterday I posted my game plan/to do list for the summer, craft-wise. I’ve already been busy!

Yesterday afternoon I got the covers & booties boxed up and shipped out to McKenzie. Just checked & they are already out for delivery! Huzzah! I love paying for ground & getting overnight delivery.

I do still need to check with Jessica about her interest in baby booties. I posted the yarn picture, expecting her to get back to me, but haven’t heard anything so I’ll follow up with her. It’s just a matter of actually remembering it when I’m on FB, instead of other random times when I can’t check with her.

My sewing project. Oh, my sewing project. :) Probably the most exciting thing right now. I’m now the proud owner of 12(!) pillow cases, enough for four bags. Like I said yesterday, I have a few changes in mind for the pattern, so I got two of the cases pinned up for the first bag. I’m making it have a flat bottom, which isn’t exactly hard in theory, but I haven’t gotten out the sewing machine yet, so we’ll see how it goes. I’m hoping I can take some time this weekend from all our house stuff & get the first bag finished. I need to remember to print the instructions today so I know what I’m doing when it comes to cutting the third pillow case. I’m going to look at one more Target store this afternoon to see if they have any different patterns to choose from, but here’s what I’ve got so far.


No work yet on motifs or other new crochet patterns. In fact, I don’t think I’ve picked up a hook since I finished the last bootie Wednesday afternoon. I felt like a slacker riding in to work & after dinner the past couple days, but it is kind of nice to take a break.

I just hope this long weekend is a productive one. We do have a project at the house to finish up, but hopefully we can take some downtime to just enjoy the weather & play with Raven. I know Tuesday will come around too quickly.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)