Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Success!

I got the first pillow case to purse transformation finished up this weekend & it turned out super cute! Of course I forgot to take a picture of it, so I’ll have to get back to posting that. It didn’t take me too terribly long to make, and the next ones should be quicker now that I know what I’m doing & am more comfortable with the sewing machine. The strap isn’t perfect since it’s the first part I made & was still working on getting used to the sewing machine. It’s been so long since I’ve sewn anything, but it all came back pretty quick. Just like riding a bike!

I brought it in to work with me today, loaded up with magazines to donate to the troops, and it worked perfectly. I was a little worried about the seams on the strap, but nothing pulled apart at all, and I think it’s going to be pretty sturdy. Of course I had to show it off, and a woman here at work loved it so much she was dragging it around showing everybody. She also wants one from the pillow cases I already have, so I’ve got one sold! Not charging more than the price of the pillow cases, right now I just enjoy making them so it works for me, especially after Nick’s comment yesterday. When I showed him the completed bag, he said, “you’re making those for other people, right? Because you already have too many bags for yourself.” Ha! :) I told him that yes, I would give/sell some of them, but I was keeping at least one for myself. He didn’t seem to argue with that too much.

I’ll try to remember to take pictures of the first one tonight, and hopefully I can get started on Jenny’s as well. I love having crafty stuff to work on! And my hands are enjoying the break from crochet. :)

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)