This is the first one I made, pretty much following the pattern to the letter. I think the only thing I did change from the original pattern was that I got rid of the zipper on the liner. It was just too bulky with them both in there, and only took about 5 minutes to rip out (I didn't just cut it), so it's not a big deal, and definitely a good step to take, as far as I'm concerned.
Keep in mind this is the first time I've sewn in years so my lines aren't exactly straight, and it's all-around not perfect, but definitely not bad at all. The polka dots are the outside, flowers on the inside. Unfortunately, it isn't reversible. I didn't put any pockets on the outside of this one, just the inside.
This is the second bag. No major changes for this one, but I did put a pocket on the outside, as well as on the inside. Also, instead of just automatically cutting the third cover into 5" strips, I cut one side apart from the rest, then cut it in thirds for the strap (on both of these, I only used three strips for the strap instead of four because I don't like a super long strap). That made the strips just over 5", so the finished strap was just a bit wider than the first one, which made it a lot easier to turn right-side-out, and I like the wider strap a bit better too. That left me with the full other half of the cover to use for pockets, so I was able to make the pockets bigger, instead of being confined to only using 5" pieces for the pockets. A little more versatility doing it this way.
The flowers are the outside, stripes on the inside. I think my favorite part of this is the outside pocket. And that the colors just scream SUMMER and BEACH to me. :)