Monday, June 14, 2010

Etsy Shop

I’ve decided on a name! It was pretty obvious after I switched over to the new blog & came up with this name. I was so worried the name would be already taken on Etsy, but I guess it was meant to be, because it’s available! Don’t get all crazy trying to find my shop or anything though, I haven’t gotten that far yet. Baby steps! :) I have gotten a couple more comments on the shop thing recently, so I’m going to look into it more in the coming weeks. I’ll be sure to update when I actually have something up & running.

Part of my problem with the Etsy thing is I just don’t feel like my stuff is good enough for it yet. I see all these amazing things on there, and it makes anything I can come up with seem so…amateur. I suppose the worst I can do it list a few things & see how it goes. If I get a few sales & get my name out there, at least it’s a start. I’m fairly confident in my crochet items, but people on FB have commented about putting the pillowcover bags on Etsy, and those definitely don’t feel “finished” enough yet. I’m still working out the kinks (and still don’t seem capable to sew a straight line!), but am getting a little better with each one I make. Thankfully they are fairly quick & easy to make, so they would be a good choice for listing. The smaller crochet items are also quick & would be good, but I worry about putting up blankets & other bigger items. They take so long to complete, and I prefer to make them customized for specific people. I know I could put up pictures of ones I’ve made before & offer to custom make them, but I never can tell how long they will take to make since it all depends on what else I have going on. Plus, I’m definitely not doing blankets this time of year!

I need to branch out a bit to have a variety of items available, but am not certain of what else to make. I’m creative enough to make the stuff, but not always creative enough to come up with new ideas.

All things to consider, and at least I’m taking a step in the right direction.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)