Friday, June 25, 2010

TWT – I’m a slacker

I guess I should say TWF(riday), since I dropped the ball yesterday for the first time since I started this. Unless of course I’ve forgotten that I forgot it another week, which is possible, but I’m too lazy (I mean busy, really, I do!) to check.

Yesterday just sort of got away from me.

I spent my lunch at work finding new crafting/sewing blogs to get lost in & found some fantastic new patterns to try out. This is quickly turning into an obsession.

I found this skirt pattern & decided I wished I’d found it a couple days earlier to I could make one for the wedding we’re attending tonight. I’ve been having a hard time deciding what to wear, so I thought if I could just make something for it, that would solve everything. Or something like that.

On the way home from work, since Nick & I didn’t carpool today, I decided I could just run by Jo-Ann quick (more or less, kind of sort of, not really, but could be) on my way to pick up groceries. Of course it took longer than I expected & I had to roam a bit, and ended up spending WAY too much money on other stuff I “needed,” but I did find some perfect fabric. I didn’t kill too much time, so I figured if the skirt was really as easy as it sounded (famous last words!), I should be able to whip it up in no time when I got home to be able to wear today.

Had to stop at Target to pick up a gift card for said wedding tonight, since we didn’t remember until Wednesday night that we should probably get a gift for them. Thank Heaven for gift cards! Of course I had to make a quick swing through the purses, fell in love with a purple one, but convinced myself that I didn’t need it since I just finally bought the yellow one I wanted so badly.

Next was grocery shopping. Grocery shopping always takes me a lot longer than it should, and it’s always dangerous when I have to do it alone. Even though I always have a list & always try to stick to it & nothing else, I’m a browser when I’m on my own. When Nick is along, I don’t like to drag him around with me, so I don’t browse, and I don’t get myself in trouble. Thankfully, I think I somehow made it out without buying anything not on my list. But it of course still took forever & then traffic was bad getting home.

By the time I got home, got the dog out, got groceries put away, made dinner, helped Nick unload stuff from the truck, discussed more of the basement issues (all the time thinking, “I don’t have time for this, I have sewing to do! :]), and ate dinner, it was almost 9:00 before I got started on my skirt.

You have to understand something quick here, by 9:00 most nights, I’m ready to check out for the night. Nick is usually asleep on the couch, and if I’m not already in bed, I’m heading there. Lately it’s been more like 10:00, which has just been killing me, especially since I often lay awake until at least 11:00 watching TV. I’m thinking about banning the TV at bed time.

Anyways...

Of course my sewing machine had to act up. And since I was tired, I kept making stupid mistakes & having to tear stuff out. And then the machine would act up again. Argh… By 11:30 all I had left to do was the hem, but I wasn’t happy with the sides, so I decided to call it quits & will finish it this weekend. I think I’m going to tear out the side seams & recut the fabric so it lays better, then all I should have to do is either hem or sew on the bias tape (side note - thank goodness I decided to play it safe & buy the bias tape instead of making my own!). I’m thinking about using the bias tape to make more of a contrast at the bottom, but if I do that, I may shorten the overall length just a bit first. So, basically I feel like I have the entire thing to still do. :( But, my goal is to have it done so I can wear it to church Sunday & work next week.

I’ll put up pictures of it when it’s all finished, but so far even with the wonky shape & no hem, I think it’s pretty darn cute. Even Nick said he thought it was cute, and I expected him to just hate my fabric/pattern/color choice.

So now I leave you with the picture for this week. Earlier this week Nick laid down on the couch & said he was going to snuggle with Moose instead of putting him on the floor like I said. Of course he fell asleep, and just looked so cute holding Moose.


Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)