Monday, June 28, 2010

Brainstorming

I decided today that I should carry a few scraps of fabric around with me at all times. Nothing huge, just a couple small-ish squares & rectangles. They’d be easy to fold up & throw in my purse to have handy when an good idea strikes.

I’ve had this semi-idea in my head for a week or so now for a purse design. Having it all planned out in my head & getting it out on fabric are two very different things though, so today while I was trying to recreate a pocket I saw Dana at Made make, I decided I needed something concrete to look at because I was sick of only seeing the purse in my head. Unfortunately, over my lunch I was lacking any fabric to play with (although I almost resorted to try to fold with my skirt…eek!), so I resorted to using scrap paper & post-it notes. I kind of felt like I was doing origami, but it worked! Now I can’t wait to see how it’ll turn out full-size and with fabric. Actually, I think I’ll still start small-scale with some scrap fabric before I go too crazy. If it works out, it’ll be a cute little purse for one of the little girls I know. Plus, if it’s as easy to make as I’m envisioning (famous last words, AGAIN!), it shouldn’t be a big deal to make a small version first.

Now I’m itching to get my hands on some fabric & my sewing machine. :)

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)