Sunday, February 6, 2011

February: Reversible Everyday Shopper

Can anybody tell me where the first week of February went?! Yikes, this week just flew. I guess being snowed in for a few days didn't help much, but I did get quite a bit done around the house!

This month we'll be making the Reversible Everyday Shopper. And let me tell you, I sure wish this had been the first pattern in the book! It would have been a much better start than the Cosmo Bag, but at the very least I guess it can be a good break. :)

100_1051

Like last month, Sara over at Sew Sweetness is really on a roll & has already shared her pattern review for this month's bag. It's a good place to start after you read through the pattern. I really like Sara's scrappy version, and this pattern certainly works well with various fabrics.

I'm using four different fabrics myself, all red or navy gingham, in three different sizes.

100_1046

That smallest one on the right is rough on the eyes when cutting & sewing! I swear I was just about cross-eyed by the time I finished with it.

I've seen a few finished bags already in the Flickr album, so I know Sara & I aren't the only ones already hard at work. Be sure to share your pictures (fabric choices too!) and any questions you might have.

This month's giveaway will be a yard of FreeSpirit Olive Rose by Valori Wells, half yard each of these colors.

Olive Rose Turquoise

Olive Rose Salmon

I'll have a linky party again at the end of the month for the drawing.

If you haven't gotten started yet, it's time to read through the pattern & get your fabrics picked out. There is a lot less cutting & fusing this month than we had to deal with last month, so it shouldn't take you a day or two to get that done like it might have last month. :)

Good luck as you get started!

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. I'm skipping this month (too many other projects going, and I already have a lot of totes), but will enjoy seeing what everyone else makes. Happy sewing, all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks Bree. I like the fabrics you picked out...I always wanted to make something with gingham. I can see why you got cross-eyed when sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only just come across your blog and am planning on joining in as best as I can....I funny I did make an Amy bag last month any way... Her birdie sling bag and a teardrop bag, so I figure I am sort of doing in anyway. So I will make my tote and add it....already thinking of favric

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)