Monday, August 23, 2010

Progress: Week 6

I didn't sew a stitch this week. Not a single stitch, and it feels weird.

I've been going pretty strong with the sewing since I borrowed the first machine earlier this spring & then bought my own. It was a little nice to take a break, but I missed it too. Although, it's not like I got to take it easy all week just because I didn't sew. It was actually due to the fact that we finally (FINALLY!) had a contractor come to work on the house, so my few free nights were spent helping & cleaning up after the guys. Even though I had a minor meltdown from the complete disaster left in the wake of the work, I couldn't be happier than we're finally making progress.

What kind of saved me this week was a three-hour car ride to visit family. I always like to bring my crochet bag with me when we travel since I can do it in the car or if we're all just sitting around chatting in the evenings. Unfortunately I didn't bring the best yarn for this project, and I drove home Sunday, so I didn't get quite as much done as I had hoped. I was able to whip out a handful of these little flowers (new pattern!) for a request from Bree over at B Sew Crafty. The first couple were bigger than she wanted, so I ended up giving them away to my cousins before taking pictures. I should know better!

This purple one is still probably a little too big (about 2 1/2 inches across, if I remember correctly), but it's still pretty cute. Also, they're only supposed to have five petals (and look much better that way!), but somehow I ended up with an extra one here. Still can't quite figure out how I did it.


I think the size on this pink one is better, and five petals look much better! It's harder to see the details with this multi-color yarn though, and don't mind the tail running off up there, it's not cut from the skein yet.



I still need to work on the hook size, yarn type, and number of rounds to get things sorted out the way Bree wants, but in the meantime I'm really enjoying working on these. Once I got them figured out, they come together pretty darn quick.

I haven't been able to do much work for the Etsy shop, but will probably list the green & yellow small satchel this week. I've been back & forth on keeping it for myself, but for now I think I need to just let it go. I have soooo many purses, the last thing I need is another right now. :)

Unfortunately, I'm guessing this week will be pretty similar to last week, but I hope to be able to do at least a little bit of sewing in between the house projects. I have a feeling the next few weeks will probably be about the same, and after everything is back together, I'll probably have to figure out where I'm actually going to put my sewing stuff. Right now I'm lucky that I can squeeze in behind the couch since it needs to be out away from the couch anyways, but I've got a sneaking suspicion that Nick won't want to keep it that way after it's no longer necessary. We shall see.

Don't forget to visit Jill over at Envirocraftiness this week for your last chances to win! I'll try to remember to throw up a reminder this week when the new What the Heck Wednesday item is listed too, but thought I'd mention it while I was thinking about it!

What did you make this week?

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)